Being a physio to me means helping people get their lives back, achieving a better quality of life, and providing a lasting means for them to stay there.
It’s no good being able to help short term – people want long term solutions.
We’re here to help you if,
- If you think you’ve tried everything – I’m here to tell you unless you completely understand why you have your problem, where it comes from, what exactly is causing your symptoms at the moment ( not your diagnosis) and what you can actively do to help yourself – then you haven’t tried everything because you haven’t got all the answers.
- If you’re still looking for answers as to why this is happening and what you can do to fix it and you want to fix it
- If you have a new problem you want addressing and solving – quickly -get seen quickly before it grows and gets out of hand
Being a physio for the last 25 + years has taught me there is always something new to learn. We can always better our skills, and over that time I have had the privilige on making an impact and helping umpteen people achieve a better quality of life – however that looked for them.
- Some just wanted to be able to sleep through the night and not wake with pain,
- some wanted to be able to get up and not feel 90,
- some wanted to stop feeling crooked,
- others wanted to run their marathon quicker or work to perform at their sport in at an elite level
- others want to be able to work to support their family
- some want to just be able to play with their kids/ grandkids and look after them
- some have complex issues that no one has been able to fix
- …. everyone’s got their own story.
My story is, I am an ex skater, I skated from age 6 – 21 at an elite level. I understand work ethic, I understand commitment to your sport and training through pain, I understand doing what it takes at all costs to get where you want to be – and not being told to slow down and rest.
I also understand chronic pain. Years of falling on hard concrete left me with back, knees, ankle and wrist issues, and years of manual therapy as a physio have left me with thumb issues and shoulder pain.
We all have our story, so yes I’ve been there too.
I still look like an old granny at times waking up and trying to walk too!
Thing is – I know what to do for my issues, and I can manage them.
And that’s what we teach our clients to do too.
I have learnt to get really good at fixing people, cos that’s what people say they want – just fix me….when what they REALLY want is a long term fix. They don’t want the pain to come back, and that’s where we differ. we teach you that next step.
And that’s why we tell you –
I can fix your pain, but it’s gonna come back – are you ready to fix your problem cos that’s a whole different matter completely.
Anyone can fix pain, make you feel better, and you walk out feeling great. Giving you the knowledge and know ho to stay better is the missing ingredient – and that’s what we’re really good at.
We give you the information you need. We look at your situation, issues, condition, symptoms, pain, function and piece it all together with out findings so you GET the WHY, what’s going on, what’s causing this to happen, and what you can do about it.
I’ve learned that if we give you that and you understand it so it makes sense, then you’ll fix it. Otherwise nothing changes. You need a reason to change. We give you that reason.
You can get effective, long lasting results if you believe in your management plan.
We have a tried and tested method that does just that. It’s been built up over years of working with clients and getting them to STAY better.
Now we are actively sought out by clients who have had little or no results elsewhere, we regularly get referred to directly from specialists, and we get word of mouth referrals from our clients. Which is great as we get to know the whole family!
Feel free to email if out wanna know more – firstname.lastname@example.org
We really do wanna help!